RCC Foundation Emergency Fund for Students
“Students who graduate from RCC go on to serve as the backbone of our wonderful community but right now, for many that dream is slipping away. In response to the COVID-19 crisis, I have partnered with the RCC Foundation to launch an Emergency Fund which can offer Students of the College private, immediate financial relief.”
-Thomas Leonard, Class of 2020
COVID-19 and Supporting Our RCC Students
Note: You must be logged into your sunyrockland.edu account to access the form.
In the wake of COVID-19, the Emergency Fund provides RCC students who are experiencing undue hardship with aid that resolves their immediate need and allows them to continue their studies and graduate.
The Emergency Fund is intended as a one-time, stop gap measure to provide essential services to a RCC student and stabilize their emergency situation. The Fund is designed to uniquely and rapidly respond to a student who has been managing well thus far but is now in need of temporary assistance as a result of COVID-19 to complete their studies. Money available through this Fund can be used to cover expenses including, but not limited, to groceries and rent due to job loss, technology for online learning, fees for internet access, and essential living expenses.
- The student will demonstrate an unforeseen need and/or a significant change of circumstance due to COVID-19 that affects their ability to remain successful in their academic pursuits.
- The student agrees to meet with a Connection Center Counselor who will complete an assessment of the student’s needs and his/her academic plans for success.
- The student must be a current RCC student in good standing.
- Students applying for emergency aid will be asked to share why the emergency funds are needed as well as provide documentation to support their request.
- Once a student applies, the application will be reviewed by the Connection Center and the student will be notified.
Email [email protected] with any questions.