TASC (Test Assessing Secondary Completion) is a test that measures readiness for college or workforce. When a student passes the TASC they will be issued a High School Equivalency (HSE) diploma by New York State Education Department (NYSED).
Interested in our 24-credit HSE (formerly GED) program? See 24-credit HSE program
What is covered on the TASC?
This is a challenging exam. It is approximately nine hours scheduled over two consecutive days to complete. The TASC test assesses five subject areas, which reflects a high school curriculum, including:
- Reading: 85 Minutes
- Writing: 105 Minutes (for both the essay and multiple choice sections)
- Social Studies: 75 Minutes
- Mathematics: 105 Minutes (for both Part I and Part II) (Calculator for Part I only)
- Science: 75 Minutes
Interested in taking the NYS high school equivalency TASC Exam?
Rockland Community College is an administrator of the exam in Rockland County. The following steps need to be completed in order to register for the exam.
Please complete the following application materials
- Attachment A – Application for TASC Testing (2017) (PDF)
- Provide two forms of written proof that you have lived in NYS for at least 30 days- see page 1 section B #6 of the application for examples of what are acceptable forms of proof.
- TASC Age Eligibility Attachment (PDF) for individuals 16, 17, and 18 years of age. ****This form only needs to be completed if you are 16, 17, or 18 years of age before the date of the given test.
Application materials can be hand delivered, mailed to the address below, or scanned and emailed to [email protected]. All materials must be submitted at least one week prior to the test date. Examinees are enrolled on a first come first serve basis.
Mail the application to:Rockland Community College
145 College Rd
Suffern, NY 10901
Once the application materials are received, you will be registered for the exam of your choice (based on available space). Verification of registration will be sent to the address provided on your application. If you hand deliver the application, someone will register you for the exam in person.
|April 12 & 14, 2021 – Exam date is full||9:00 am|
|April 24 & 25, 2021 – Exam date is full||9:00 am|
|May 17 & 19, 2021 – Exam date is full||9:00 am|
|June 14 & 16, 2021 – Exam date is full||9:00 am|
|July 12 & 14, 2021 – Exam date is full||9:00 am|
|August 2 & 4, 2021||9:00 am|
|September 18 & 19, 2021||9:00 am|
|October 18 & 20, 2021||9:00 am|
|November 13 & 14, 2021||9:00 am|
|December 6 & 8, 2021||9:00 am|
|December 13 & 15, 2021||9:00 am|
For more information, please contact:
Interim Coordinator of Testing
- Application for TASC (PDF)
- Age Eligibility Attachment for only Examinees 16, 17 or 18 years of age (PDF)
- Application for Regents-HSE Exam Pathway