Learn the skills required for an immediate career or seamless transfer into our School of Education and Social Sciences.
CASAC is offered as an accelerated non-credit evening/weekend program at RCC. The CASAC program is a NYS OASAS (Organization of Alcohol and Substance Abuse Services) Certified Program and consists of 350 hours of instruction delivered as follows:
- 4 Modules of 10 weeks each running from the second week of September to the first week of August (10 months for complete program)
- 85 clock hours – Knowledge of Alcoholism and Substance Abuse
- 150 clock hours – Alcoholism and Substance Abuse Counseling
- 70 clock hours – Assessment; Clinical Evaluation; Treatment Planning; Case Management; and Patient, Family and Community Education
- 45 clock hours – Professional and Ethical Responsibilities (must include a minimum of 2 hours of Child Abuse and Maltreatment)
Addiction has become a problem in the United States, and New York is no exception. You may actually know someone with an Addiction problem and want to help. Rockland Community College has a NYS 350 hour Credentialed Alcohol and Substance Abuse Counselor (CASAC) Certification Program. This is a New York State Certification to work in the field of Addictions Counseling and individuals with a CASAC have advantages in the job market and can increase their earnings. The program also includes resume, interview preparation, and job placement.
To receive more information, please fill out our CASAC Inquiry Form.
Admission to the program is on a rolling basis. You can start with any Module. They do not need to be taken in order.
Stacy Casden, MS, CASAC Program Coordinator
- $750.00 per Module for a total of $3000.00
- Classes meet Tuesdays: 6 – 9 pm, and Saturdays: 9 am – 2:30 pm.
Module Start Dates
- Module I: September 14 – December 14, 2021
- Module II: January 8 – March 29, 2022
- Module III: April 2 – June 25, 2022
- Module IV: July 9 – August 20, 2022
Starting Fall 2022 RCC will offer professional development course for NY State Registered Teachers