The Tutoring Center is here to support you academically and we’ll be assisting you virtually for the Spring semester. Tutoring is available for you through our virtual center using Blackboard Collaborate. STAR NY and ThinkingStorm also partner with us to support your tutoring needs
Blackboard Collaborate will allow you and an RCC tutor to engage with each other and feel like you’re in the same room—with your favorite devices. Tutoring will continue to function through its unique platform of appointments and drop-ins. If you’re interested in Drop-In Tutoring, click on one of the links below during the scheduled hours!
Tutoring Center Virtual Drop-In Hours Spring 2021
Blackboard Collaborate: Drop-In Tutoring will be available during the hours below.
Individual Tutoring Appointments are available to schedule for most subjects in TutorTrac our online scheduling system. Log in to myRCC and use the TutorTrac link under My Apps.
Use this link for individual appointments made in advance in TutorTrac: https://tinyurl.com/Tutoring-Sessions-Spring-2021
Drop-In Hours: (February 1 through May 17)
Math/Physics/Accounting Drop in Tutoring (no appointment needed)
Use link to join: https://tinyurl.com/Math-Drop-in-Tutoring
Mondays through Thursdays: 11 am – 6 pm
Fridays: 11 am – 1 pm
Tuesdays: 1 pm – 3 pm
Mondays: 3:30 pm – 4:30 pm
Chemistry Drop in Tutoring (no appointment needed)
Use this link to join: https://tinyurl.com/CHM-Drop-
Tuesdays: 11 am – 2 pm and 3 pm – 5 pm
Wednesdays: 11 am – 2 pm and 4 pm – 6 pm
Thursdays: 11 am – 2 pm
Computer (CSP, OFT and Graphic Arts) Drop in Tutoring (no appointment needed)
Use this link to join: https://tinyurl.com/Computer-Drop-in-Tutoring
CSP and OFT courses:
Mondays: 1 pm to 4 pm
Wednesdays: 3 pm to 5 pm
Wednesdays: 1 pm to 2 pm
Nursing: NUR 103 Calculations for Pharmacology (no appointment needed)
Use this link to join: https://tinyurl.com/NUR-103-Tutoring
Wednesdays: 6 pm – 7 pm
Occupational Therapy Assistant
Use this link to join: https://tinyurl.com/OTA-Tutoring
Tuesdays: (OCC 101)4:45 pm – 5:45 pm
Fridays: (OCC 205) 11:30 am – 12:30 pm & (OCC 102/105) 1 pm – 2 pm
All schedules are subject to change.
Information call: 845-574-4503 ~ email: [email protected]
The best web browser for students to use is Chrome.
Study Rooms for Groups
Need a virtual study room to connect with your classmates? Request in advance at [email protected].
Stay tuned for our Live Virtual Tutoring Center zoom link!
STAR-NY is a consortium of SUNY colleges and universities that have joined together to share resources and expertise to better meet student needs for online tutoring.
How it Works
- Visit https://www.starny.org/tutoring_schedule and sign in to the WorldWideWhiteboard®, which is a collaborative tool for online tutoring.
- Students enter a virtual room to work with a tutor one-on-one.
- Papers or problems can be loaded into the whiteboard, allowing both the tutor and tutee to write on them.
- A chat box is used for questions and responses.
Sunday through Thursday 7 pm to Midnight (Login until 11:30 pm)
- Writing: Any course through Masters level (except foreign language)
- Math: for Pre-Algebra, Algebra, Pre-Calculus, Calc I, & Intro to Statistics
- Chemistry: Introductory level & General Chemistry
- Biology (SUN, TUES, & THURS): Introductory level and Anatomy & Physiology
- Physics (MON, TUES, & THURS): Introductory level
- Psychology: Introductory level
- Economics: Introductory level, Macro, and Micro
- Computer Science: Introductory level
- Nursing: Introductory level
- Accounting: Any course below the 400 level
- Organic Chemistry (TUESDAY ONLY)
Visit https://www.starny.org/tutoring_schedule to get started.
ThinkingStorm will assist with 24/7 Tutoring. ThinkingStorm’s tool is available within Blackboard. Each student will have a total of 4 hours of tutoring for the semester. Each session will be 30 mins, a total of 8 sessions for the semester.
How to access ThinkingStorm Tutoring on Blackboard:
- Step 1: Log Into Blackboard
- Step 2: Click on Content Tab (On the Left)
- Step 3: Click on the Tools Tab (At the top of the Page)
- Step 4: Click on ThinkingStorm
Math: Basic Math, Pre-Algebra, Algebra I, Geometry, Algebra II, Trigonometry, Pre-Calculus, Calculus, College Algebra, Statistics, Adv. Statistics.
Writing: Writing Center and Live Writing
Science: Biology, Chemistry, Physics
Health Sciences: Nursing, Human A&P
Business: Accounting, Finance, Macroeconomics, Microeconomics
Other Topics: Adobe Creative Suite, Microsoft Office, Markup & Programming, Languages, 3D Animation & Modeling
If you have any questions, feel free to reach out to the Tutoring Center at [email protected].