Purpose of Grants
The purpose of grants is to advance the College’s mission and to secure support for strategic priorities.
Toward this end, the Grants Office performs the following functions:
- Aids in the identification of potential opportunities for development;
- Assists in the evaluation of those opportunities for Rockland Community College;
- Facilitates the development of grant proposals;
- Provides oversight of grant-funded projects and reporting requirements; and
- Provides support, as needed, to individual projects.
- All grant proposals must go through the Grants Office.
- All grant proposals must adhere to Rockland Community College guidelines for the development and approval of grant-funded projects. This includes a process that insures input and oversight from the following College offices: Grants, Budget and Finance; Human Resources, Department and Division Chairs, Executive Administration, and Facilities. Final approval of a proposed grant must be obtained on a sign-off sheet before being externally submitted for funding.
- Grants project directors are responsible for administering their grant-funded project according to Rockland Community College guidelines and grantor guidelines.
- All grant-funded projects must adhere to grantor guidelines for carrying out their scope of work, including budgetary and reporting requirements.
- All grant-funded projects must adhere to Rockland Community College guidelines for carrying out their scope of work, including hiring, budgetary, and internal reporting requirements.