Sexual Violence Response Policy

In accordance with the Students’ Bill of Rights, reporting individuals shall have the right to pursue more than one of the options below at the same time, or to choose not to participate in any of the options below:

I. Reporting:

To disclose confidentially the incident to one of the following College officials, who by law may maintain confidentiality, and can assist in obtaining services (more information on confidential reporting is available in the Options for Confidentially Disclosing Sexual Violence Policy at

  • Anonymously on the Public Safety website at or telephone anonymous reporting system at 845-574-4636;
  • Counseling Services
    Technology Center, Suite 8220
    845-574-4306 to schedule

    Privileged and Confidential Counselors at the Counseling Center:

    • Professor Kathy Carroll, Licensed Mental Health Counselor
    • Professor Janice Moore, Licensed Clinical Social Worker
    • Professor Inez Rivera, Licensed Clinical Social Worker
  • The Connection Center
    Technology Center, Room 8372

    Privileged and Confidential Counselor at The Connection Center Center:

    • Joe Falco, Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist
  • Individuals serving in a pastoral role in our Religious Life Office at the College:
    • Center for Christian Life
      Michael VerSchneider, Catholic Campus Minister
      Student Union, Room 3203
      [email protected]
    • Center for Jewish Life/Hillel
      Rabbi Dov Oliver, Director
      Student Union, Room 3207
      [email protected]
    • Center for Muslim Life
      Spiritual Advisor
      Student Union, Room 3201

To disclose confidentially the incident and obtain services from the New York State, New York City or County hotlines:  Additional disclosure and assistance options are catalogued by the Office for the Prevention of Domestic Violence and presented in several languages: (or by calling 1-800-942-6906).

Assistance can also be obtained through:

(Note: These hotlines are for crisis intervention, resources, and referrals, and are not reporting mechanisms, meaning that disclosure on a call to a hotline does not provide any information to the campus. Reporting individuals are encouraged to additionally contact a campus confidential or private resource so that the campus can take appropriate action in these cases.)

To disclose the incident to one of the following College officials who can offer privacy and can provide information about remedies, accommodations, evidence preservation, and how to obtain resources. Those officials will also provide the information contained in the Students’ Bill of Rights, including the right to choose when and where to report, to be protected by the College from retaliation, and to receive assistance and resources from the College. These College officials will disclose that they are private and not confidential resources, and they may still be required by law and College policy to inform one or more College officials about the incident, including but not limited to, the Title IX Coordinator. They will notify reporting individuals that the criminal justice process uses different standards of proof and evidence than internal procedures, and questions about the penal law or the criminal process should be directed to law enforcement or the district attorney:

  • Title IX Coordinator and Title IX Deputy Coordinator
    845-574-4729 or 845-574-4160
  • RCC Public Safety (available 24/7)
    845-574-4911 or 4217
  • Coordinator of Judicial Affairs

To file a criminal complaint with RCC Public Safety and/or with local law enforcement and/or state police:

  • RCC Public Safety
    Eugene Levy Fieldhouse, Room 5209
    845-574-4911 or 4217
  • Rockland County Sheriff’s Department
    55 New Hempstead Road, New City, NY 10956
  • Town of Ramapo Police Department
    237 NY-59, Suffern, NY 10901
  • New York State Police (Haverstraw Barracks)
  • State police 24-hour hotline to report sexual assault on a NY college campus
  • “Spirit of Rockland” Special Victims Center
    Good Samaritan Regional Medical Center, 255 Lafayette Avenue, Suffern, NY 10901

To receive assistance by Public Safety or other College officials in initiating legal proceedings in family court or civil court.

To file a report of sexual assault, domestic violence, dating violence, and/or stalking, talk to the Title IX Coordinator for information and assistance. Reports will be investigated in accordance with Rockland Community College policy and the reporting individual’s identity shall remain private at all times if said reporting individual wishes to maintain privacy. If a reporting individual wishes to keep his/her identity anonymous, he or she may call the Student Development Center (845-574-4306 or 845-574-4307) anonymously to discuss the situation and available options (

  • Title IX Coordinator
    Dr. Latoya Blount
    Executive Director for Student Engagement and College Life
    Technology Center, Room 8135
    [email protected]

When the accused is an employee, a reporting individual may also report the incident to Human Resources (Brucker Hall, Room 6206, 845-574-4289) at the College, or may request that one of the above referenced confidential or private employees assist in reporting to Human Resources.  Disciplinary proceedings will be conducted in accordance with applicable collective bargaining agreements. When the accused is an employee of an affiliated entity or vendor of the College, College officials will, at the request of the reporting individual, assist in reporting to the appropriate office of the vendor or affiliated entity and, if the response of the vendor or affiliated entity is not sufficient, assist in obtaining a persona non grata letter, subject to legal requirements and College policy.

You may withdraw your complaint or involvement from the College process at any time.

Every college shall ensure that, at a minimum, at the first instance of disclosure by a reporting individual to a College representative, the following information shall be presented to the reporting individual: “You have the right to make a report to Public Safety, local law enforcement, and/or State Police or choose not to report; to report the incident to the College; to be protected by the College from retaliation for reporting an incident; and to receive assistance and resources from the College.”

II.  Resources:

To obtain effective intervention services, contact:

  • Counseling Services
    Technology Center, Suite 8220, Room 8236
    845-574-4306 to schedule
  • Center for Safety & Change
    Main Walk-In Center:
    9 Johnsons Lane, New City, NY 10956
    24-Hour Hotline: 845-634-3344
  • Sexual contact can transmit Sexually Transmitted Infections (STIs) and may result in pregnancy. Testing for STIs and emergency contraception is available at:
    Planned Parenthood

    25 Perlman Drive, Spring Valley, NY 10977

Within 96 hours of an assault, you can get a Sexual Assault Forensic Examination (commonly referred to as a rape kit) at a hospital. While there should be no charge for a rape kit, there may be a charge for medical or counseling services off campus and, in some cases, insurance may be billed for services. You are encouraged to let hospital personnel know if you do not want your insurance policyholder to be notified about your access to these services. The New York State Office of Victim Services may be able to assist in compensating victims/survivors for health care and counseling services, including emergency funds. More information may be found at, or by calling 1-800-247-8035. Options are explained at

To best preserve evidence, reporting individuals should avoid showering, washing, changing clothes, combing hair, drinking, eating, or doing anything to alter physical appearance until after a physical exam has been completed.

III. Protection and Accommodations

See Section II, E of the Student Code of Conduct

IV. Student Conduct Process

See Section II, D of the Student Code of Conduct