County of Rockland Educational Development and Growth for Employees (EDGE) Program
The County of Rockland (COR) and Rockland Community College (RCC) are pleased to partner in a program designed to further your education at RCC tuition-free.
The EDGE program – Educational Development and Growth for Employees – gives participants an “edge up” by enabling eligible COR employees to take courses and pursue a degree or certificate to gain new skills and credentials.
The academic collaboration between COR and RCC will enhance workforce development by expanding access to affordable and high-quality higher education for working adults.
COR Employees in EDGE will complete academic coursework to enhance marketability or to gain personal enrichment.
With more than 50 associate degrees and certificates available, EDGE will help to strengthen Rockland County’s qualified workforce and enhance the economic vitality of the community.
- To be eligible, you must be an employee of County of Rockland (COR) or RCC and a unit employee of one of the following:
- Civil Service Employees Association, Rockland County Local 1000 (CSEA)
- the Rockland Association of Management (RAM)
- the United Public Service Employees Union (UPSEU-Highway)
- the Criminal Investigators Association
- the Sheriff’s Transport and Relief Deputies
- Sheriff’s Deputies
- Correction Officers Benevolent Association of Rockland County (COBARC).
- To apply for enrollment in EDGE, an employee must have actively worked a minimum of 25 hours per week in the six months prior to his/her entry into the program. An Interest Eligibility Form must be submitted each semester to the Rockland County Personnel Department.
- If accepted, in order to apply in any subsequent semester, an employee must have actively worked a minimum of 25 hours per week in the six months prior to the beginning of said semester.
- In addition to the work requirements, each employee, in order to enroll and to continue in EDGE, must meet the same RCC enrollment requirements, academic standards and all other terms and conditions RCC requires of its regular students.
- Eligible employees may earn an Associates Degree from RCC through EDGE, however progress towards a degree is not required to receive this benefit.
- Courses will be available seven days per week. Employees may only attend courses on their own time – NOT on County time.
- Eligible employees will be granted a waiver of tuition costs and application fees for credit courses taken at RCC. The costs for textbooks and all other related fees are the sole responsibility of the employee.
- All applicants registering for 6 or more credits must complete a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) on or before assessment. Applicant’s eligible for financial aid (Pell, TAP or other grants or scholarships) will be required to use these funding sources to pay for their tuition and fees. Any amount in excess of such tuition and fees will be refunded to the eligible employee.
Before applying to RCC, all applicants must first submit an Interest Eligibility Form to the Rockland County Personnel Department.
Participants in the EDGE program can apply either as a Matriculated Student or Non-Matriculated Student.
You wish to register for 6 or more credits per semester and/or pursue a degree program.
You wish to enroll as a non-degree student, taking 6 credits or less per semester and not seeking to pursue a degree program.