- Do not need to apply
- Are not seeking a degree or certificate at RCC
- May only attend part-time
- Are not eligible to receive financial aid
Registration steps for visiting and non-matriculating students:
You are considered a visiting student if you are enrolled at another college and wishing to register for a course or two at RCC and then transfer credits back to your home institution. If you are currently attending a SUNY college or university you must follow the SUNY Cross Registration policy. All other students please follow the directions below.
- For non-SUNY students, please make sure your home school approves you taking the courses at RCC. Download your home school’s required form.
- Visiting and non-matriculating students can view course offerings using this Self-Service Banner link.
- When you’re ready to register, complete the one-page student data form. If you are a returning visiting student (who has previously taken courses at RCC), you do not need to complete the student data sheet.
- Complete the registration form, be sure to fill out the department name, course number, section number and sign and date the bottom of the form to avoid delays processing your registration (fill out the fields to the best of your ability).
- If you are registering for a course that has prerequisites, you will need to provide transcripts (can be unofficial) to show that prerequisites have been met.
- If you plan to take English or mathematics course, you may need to take a placement test or provide transcripts to show your skill level in reading, writing and/or mathematics. You can view the Placement Testing Schedule and visit Placement & Assessment or call 845-574-4328 if you have questions about what’s required.
- All students in New York State who enroll in 6 or more credits must submit a completed immunization form (PDF). Failure to provide acceptable immunization documentation may result in removal from classes without refund of tuition and fees. If you are enrolling in 6 or more credits, complete the immunization form and submit it with your paperwork.
- Email your forms, along with a copy of a valid picture ID, to [email protected]. The picture ID is required for registration and a residency check.
- Once Records has entered your Student Data Sheet, you will receive additional correspondence on how to register through Banner Self-Service.
All students in the following categories need to see an Admissions Counselor:
- High school students who will not graduate this year
- Students without a high school diploma who are seeking to earn their 24 credit hour High School Equivalency (HSE) by earning college credits
- New students who wish to continue their studies at RCC as degree-seeking students (matriculating)
- Degree-seeking students who wish to attend RCC for the first time
- Students wishing to apply for and receive financial aid for courses taken at RCC
Please contact the Admissions Office at [email protected] or 845-574-4224 to discuss your options.
Registration Deadlines & Payment
Once you complete the steps above, Records and Registration will mail you confirmation of your registration and information about setting up your RCC accounts, as well as information about payment.
Visit Student Accounts for more information about costs and payments. Visit the Academic Calendar page for important dates and deadlines.
Questions about Enrollment at RCC? Call us at: 1-800-RCC-SOON (1-800-722-7666) or 845-574-4224.