Take college-level courses and earn college credit while still in high school
At RCC we offer an Early Admit Program to high school seniors who wish to complete their senior year of high school by registering as full-time student at RCC and taking credit courses on campus. For those students who prefer to study part time, we offer a High School Dual Enrollment Program with classes available at your high school.
So why not earn college credit and get a head start on your college career?
- Earn up to 34 credits before graduating high school.
- Financial advantage: start college now, save later!
- Experience college life: join a club, student government or athletic team.
- Find out if you qualify for RCC’s nationally renowned Honors Program.
High school seniors with a minimum grade point average of 80 or 2.66. You must meet our placement requirements to place into English 101 and Math 101:
- English Requirement: Based on the minimum GPA for admission, all Early Admit applicants will meet the English placement requirement.
- Math Requirement: Final grade of 75 or higher in Algebra II, Pre-Calculus, OR Calculus
- Apply online and choose Early Admit on your application
- Send your most recent high school transcript. Follow the Enrollment procedure on how to send your High School Transcript.
You will enroll as a full-time student (minimum of 12 credits) and take all your courses at Rockland Community College. Your courses must meet your high school graduation requirements. Consult your HS guidance counselor for details.
Regular tuition rates apply.
RCC Early Admit Students are eligible to apply for the New York State TAP and the Excelsior Scholarship.
You will be required to fill out the FAFSA, the NYS TAP Application and NYS Excelsior Scholarship Application to determine if you qualify for New York State aid. If you qualify for the Excelsior Scholarship, you attend tuition-free!
To qualify for NYS Financial Aid for the Early Admit program, all students must take the Ability to Benefit test offered by the College. Find out more on our Placement page.