Flexible Starts at RCC
Fall Flex Start registration opens April 26, 2021.
You can earn your degree at Rockland Community College with a schedule that works best for your life. There are a diversity of courses available in our Flex Start sessions that include online and evening classes. You may begin your enrollment in Flex Start 1 which starts at the beginning of a semester or you may begin enrollment in Flex Start 2 which starts about mid-way into the semester. Instructions on how to search for classes in Self-Service Banner are below.
During the Spring semester, the seven-week courses run from January 23 – March 14 and March 22 – May 17.
During the Fall semester, the seven-week courses run from September 1 – October 24 and November 1 – December 22.
To register for upcoming Flex Start courses, current students should contact their Advisor or Student Success at 845-574-4427 or [email protected]. You can be advised online. Once advised, students can register through Self-Service Banner. See Registration Instructions.
Students have the option to apply as a full-time student or take just a class or two for Flex Start. Please see our page Matriculate or Not? to find out more about your options.
- You may begin your enrollment in Flex Start 1 which starts at the beginning of a semester or you may begin enrollment in Flex Start 2 which starts about mid-way into the semester.
- If you wish to seek a degree/certificate and matriculate at RCC, you should complete our online admissions application and/or contact [email protected] for more information.
- If you are a visiting student and wish to study as non-matriculated student, complete the registration steps outlined here.
How to View Flex Start Courses in Self-Service Banner
- Go to Schedule of Classes in Self-Service Banner.
- Select the term from the drop down list.
- Use Part of Term to select Flex Start 1 for courses running the first seven weeks of the semester or Flex Start 2 for courses running the last seven weeks of the semester.