Rockland Community College, a unit of the State University of New York, is the only public higher education institution in Rockland County. Located in the historic and scenic Hudson Valley only 25 miles northwest of New York City, picturesque Rockland offers the best of all worlds, including recreational and cultural attractions and easy access to the educational and artistic resources of the city.
- For a description of the various neighborhoods in Rockland County, go to http://rocklandgov.com/our-community/#towns.
- For information about the K-12 educational institutions in Rockland County, go to http://rocklandgov.com/our-community/#schools.
- Rockland Demographics displays the diversity of the residents of Rockland County as compared to the diversity of Rockland Community College employees and students.
Rockland Community College is an equal employment opportunity, affirmative action employer with a commitment to recruiting and retaining a diverse faculty and staff. It is the College’s policy not to discriminate in hiring, compensation and other employment practices, conditions and privileges of employment on the basis of age, alienage, color, creed, disability, familial status, gender/sex, gender identity, marital status, national origin, prior non-job related record of conviction, race, religion, sexual orientation, or veteran status.
- Rockland Demographics displays the diversity of Rockland Community College employees as compared to the diversity of the residents of Rockland County and Rockland Community College students.
Our Student Body
Rockland Community College offers 51 programs in the humanities, social sciences, arts, technologies, business, health professions, mathematics and sciences, including 40 associate’s degrees and 11 one-year certificate programs. Close to 10,000 people are enrolled in credit and non-credit courses, and over 200,000 visit the campus each year for cultural, recreational and commercial events.
- Rockland Demographics displays the diversity of Rockland Community College students as compared to the diversity of the residents of Rockland County and Rockland Community College employees.