How to Apply as an International Student

How to Apply as an International Student

Applying to RCC is simple!

Application Deadline

RCC is rolling admission and accepts students throughout the year. However, for those students outside the U.S. and needing to apply for an F-1 visa, we ask that applications are submitted by NO LATER THAN the following dates for each semester to help ensure that you have enough time to obtain an F1 student visa. Start dates for each semester are not flexible and it is your responsibility to ensure that you report to the College by International Orientation.
Semester Deadline
Fall Semester (September) July 1 (outside US) August 20 (in US)
Spring Semester (January) December 1 (outside US) January 15 (in US)
Summer Semester* (June) *only available to international students currently studying in the U.S. May 1

International Student Application Requirements:

All applicants must apply online.

Find out what degrees & certificates are offered at RCC!

NOTE: Nursing and Occupational Therapy applicants will all be admitted to the College as Undecided within the School of Nursing, Health and Wellness. Additional application requirements must be submitted to be admitted directly to these programs.

This should include official secondary school transcripts (academic records) along with a completion certificate, and/or exam results (if applicable) in English or with English translation. For English translation, you can use any official service in your home country or local translation services in the U.S.

  • If you have attended college or a university, submit official transcripts from all schools attended. College or university transcripts from non-U.S. schools will need to be evaluated by a professional evaluation company to qualify for transfer credits. We accept any of the following services:

English Proficiency Requirements for F-1 Students

Please note, most English proficiency exams listed below will also allow students to meet the English placement requirement at the College. Those that are exempted from submitting proof of English proficiency for admission may still be required to take the English placement exam. Please visit our Placement page for more information.

English Speaking Countries

Applicants who have been educated in certain countries where English is the main language will be exempt from submitting proof of English proficiency.

List of English Speaking Countries Waived from Proof of English Proficiency (PDF)

For those applicants applying from a country that is not exempt,
you are required to meet our English proficiency with at least ONE of the following:

English Proficiency Tests Accepted

All tests must be no older than 2 years old and must be sent directly from the testing service.

RCC Multiple Measures ESL Test Scores Chart
Updated on June 1, 2020
(Paper Based)
(Internet Based)
Prep Courses
ESL 048/ESL 049Below 420Below 35Below 4.5Below 70A2
ESL 057/ESL 058420354.570B1
ESL 060450455.080B2
ESL 099475555.590C1
ESL 101N500656.0100C2

Review of High School or University Curriculum

  • Review of English courses completed in high school or secondary school in the US, Australia, Canada, Ireland, New Zealand, UK, English-Speaking Caribbean or foreign high school where the primary language of instruction is English.*
  • Review of English composition or ESL courses taken at a regionally accredited college or university in the U.S.*
  • Completion of GCE O-Level or IGCSE English as a First Language with “C” mark or better
  • Completion of IB English SL or HL level.

*Subject to review by international admissions team upon submission of international admission application and copy of transcript.

English Language School Attendees

  • EF Language School:
    Students who attended EF Language School and pass with a B1 English level will be waived from submitting proof of English proficiency
  • Applicants who have attended an academic intensive English program in the US may be waived from submitting an English proficiency exam. Review of these will be done on a case by case basis at this time.
  • Bank statement, in English, showing a bank balance equivalent to at least $24,000 U.S.
  • Agreement of Financial Support signed by the sponsor(s) whose name appears on the bank statement. *not required if bank statement is in applicant’s name

SEVIS I20 and Mailing Information Form: please include information on any dependents and indicate how you would like to receive your admission documents

Copy of passport information page

Proof of immunization against measles, mumps and rubella *required prior to registering for classes

If transferring to RCC from another school in the U.S., we will also need the following from you:

  • Copies of visa and current I-20 form
  • Transcripts from current school, when available. *Not required for students transferring from an English language school
  • SEVIS Transfer-In Form, completed by yourself and your current international student adviser. This can be submitted after admission.

Our office reserves the right to request an evaluation of all foreign education credentials in order to verify documentation if deemed necessary.

Documents can be sent by email to:
[email protected]

or by mail to:
Rockland Community College
International Student Services
145 College Road
Suffern, NY 10901, USA

*Any transcripts and/or completion certificates sent by email or submitted as unofficial copies are acceptable for admission purposes only. Students must submit official copies upon arrival at the College.

Nursing and Occupational Therapy Assistant Applicants

All students who apply to either our AS Nursing or AAS Occupational Therapy Assistant (OTA) programs are admitted to the College as Undecided in the School of Nursing, Health and Wellness for at least one semester (students inside the U.S. already may be eligible for direct admission starting from their first semester if they can meet all admission requirements for the programs.) Both programs have separate admission requirements that students must complete while studying here to be admitted fully into the programs.