Students will receive a bill from the College once they are registered for classes for the semester. Students are charged per semester, and only need to pay what they owe for that semester.
Below is an estimate of how much an international student should expect to pay for tuition and fees at the College. For more specific information about exact fees, please visit Student Accounts’ Tuition and Fees page.
2023-24 Tuition Rates
|Full Time Annually
Tuition and Fees
|Full Time Tuition
|Part Time Tuition
- Students taking at least 12 credits pay the full-time rate.
- Students should expect tuition to increase each year by a minimal percentage.
- Students must have a balance less than $250 in order to register for the following semester. Failure to register will result in termination of a student’s SEVIS record.
- Students who do not pay their tuition on time may incur late fees.
Payment Options & Deadlines
Students have the choice to pay either the full amount at the time of registration for classes, or can set up a payment plan.
Continuing students must abide by the payment deadlines as determined by Student Accounts each semester. Failure to do so may result in you being dropped from your classes.
If you are dropped from classes, you will have the chance to re-register for classes. But, the classes you registered for may no longer be available. You will be dropped from classes once again if you are not able to meet the new payment deadline. The final deadline for payment is the first day of class.
Failure to be registered for your classes will result in termination of your SEVIS record.
Payment Deadline for New Students
As you start to prepare yourselves for arriving to Rockland Community College, it is important to plan how you will pay your first semester tuition.
You will not be issued a tuition bill until you register for classes, which for most students may not be done until New International Student Orientation. If you register earlier, you must abide by the payment deadlines set forth by Student Accounts.
You have the option to pay tuition in full or can set up a monthly payment plan, which allows you to make payments towards your tuition on a monthly basis. Please visit our Payment Options page for more information.
Things to Consider:
- If you wish to pay your tuition prior to arriving here at the College, we will accept wire transfers in US dollars. If you choose to submit a Wire Transfer, please complete the Wire Transfer Form. All bank information for the wire transfer can be found on this form. A $15 fee is required for all wire transfers to cover the cost of the transfer. No payments should be made until you are approved for your F1 student visa.
- If you plan to pay your tuition with cash, for your own security we will be able to accept the cash as payment prior to registering for classes.
- We do not accept foreign checks for payment.
- We can accept foreign credit cards for payment, as long as it is MasterCard, Visa, American Express or Discover. Please make your bank aware that you will be making large payments in a foreign country, so that they do not put a hold on your account. Also, it is suggested that you find out how much your credit card company allows you to charge per day as many cards do have limits. Student Accounts will work with you in regards to these limits.
- You are able to set up a bank account here in the US, but you cannot do so until you arrive and have a local mailing address.
Failure to meet the payment deadline may subject you to being dropped from your classes for the semester. All F1 students must be registered full time each semester to maintain their immigration status. Failure to do so will result in termination of your SEVIS record.
Housing and Personal Expenses
Students should budget at least $5,000 for books, transportation costs (not plane tickets), and food for the academic year. Additional money should be considered for other personal expenses.
Housing costs can vary, depending on where you choose to live. To find out more about our Housing options and estimated costs, please visit our Housing page.