Because nobody should go hungry.
The Hawk’s HUB (formerly known as the Food Pantry) was reorganized during the summer of 2023 to offer more inclusive services to our students, including personal hygiene products (soap, shampoo, razors, laundry detergent, feminine products, deodorant, etc.) and business/business casual clothing in addition to a more diverse selection of non-perishable groceries. When you enter the Hawk’s HUB, you will notice it feels more open and has a grocery store setup. The Hawk’s HUB will also be working with our Nyack Culinary Arts students to create affordable and tasty recipes for participants using the Hawk’s HUB ingredients. With some of these changes, some services have been altered to better fit the needs of our community and the Hawk’s HUB operation.
Please take note of the following policies related to the Hawk’s HUB before utilizing our services:
- All students must currently be enrolled and bring a valid RCC student ID card.
- Participants are expected to bring their own standard grocery store-size reusable bag. A bag will be provided if a participant does not have one (limited supply).
- Participants will be required to check out at the check-out counter, with a Hawk’s HUB volunteer, located in front of the personal hygiene products.
- Participants will need to ask a Hawk’s HUB volunteer for access to personal hygiene products.
- Participants will be allowed to shop through the Hawk’s HUB on their own taking a limited quantity of one (1) per item.
- Participants are allowed to fill one (1) bag a week from the Hawk’s HUB.
- Grab-n-go snacks and drinks will no longer be available. Instead, please fill a bag of products to last you longer!
- Demonstrate respect to all of those who use the Hawk’s HUB and the volunteers.
- Employees must email [email protected] to set up an appointment to utilize the Hawk’s HUB.
Hawk’s HUB Hours
Tuesdays: 9 am – 3 pm
Wednesdays: 9 am – 11 am and 1 pm – 3 pm
Thursdays: 1 pm – 6 pm
Please be patient when checking out as our volunteers continue to utilize a new check-out system. All participants must check out at the counter located in the Hawk’s HUB before leaving. The Hawk’s HUB does experience a lot of traffic, to keep an organized system and not overwhelm our volunteers, a maximum of three (3) participants are allowed in the Hawk’s HUB at a time. If you are asked to wait in the hallway, please wait patiently until you are called in.
Thank you to the many generous people who help the Hawk’s HUB! Donations can be dropped off at the Hawk’s HUB during our open hours. Help us ensure that no one goes hungry at RCC!
Search for more food pantries in your local community using foodpantriesnear.me.
If you have any questions about the Hawk’s HUB or volunteering, please contact the Connection Center at 845-574-4414 or email [email protected].