CSP 14900 - Web Page Development / HTML and CSS
Students will design informational Web pages that combine aesthetic appeal with functionality. HTML will be the coding language for page content. Headings, footers, navigation, links, and forms will be developed. Sensory appeal will be enhanced through images, videos, and sounds. CSS (Cascading Style Sheets) will be used to apply principles of visual design to all appearance features. Each student will design a custom website.
CSP 26000 - Web Programming / Client Side
This client-side programming course provides experience creating interactive Web pages. Students learn the basics of programming and develop algorithms to solve programming problems. They employ arithmetic, assignment, comparison, and logic operations to manipulate values represented symbolically. Scripts can be used to respond to information entered in a form, to create visual effects such as animation and to control the Web browser window itself.
CSP 26100 - Web Programming / Server Side
This server-side programming course provides experience creating interactive, data-driven Web applications. Students develop algorithms to solve programming problems in a server-side language. They will also use a relational database system to create and query organized tables of values. Computational methods that apply arithmetic, comparison, and logic operations will access the database. Scripts can create Web applications for online registration, login verification, shopping carts, etc.
Pre-requisite(s): CSP 149 pre-requisite to CSP 260; CSP 260 pre-requisite to CSP 261
Method(s) of delivery: Online, in-person
Credit or Non-credit: Credit
Minimum Grade Proficiency: B-
(Grades will be recorded on the student’s transcript. Students who meet the grade proficiency are eligible to earn the microcredential. If a grade is earned below the proficiency level, the course grade cannot be used toward the microcredential, but is eligible for graduation requirements.)
Credits Earned Upon Completion: 11
- Develop web pages that use valid HTML code for content and structure combined with Cascading Style Sheets as the medium for visual design.
- Create online forms and incorporate code to check the validity of the values entered into those forms.
- Use the MySQL language to organize and manipulate information in online database tables.
- Develop PHP scripts to retrieve and manipulate data from a MySQL database and deliver it to a website.
- Recognize the significance and limitations of security, and write code to manage it.
- HTML (Hypertext Markup Language)
- Cascading Style Sheets (CSS)
- PHP –server-side scripting language
Stackable to Degrees
Visit the Student Accounts page for information on tuition and fees.
Learn more about our degree and certificate programs.